Seniors Real Estate News
- Arrange a Removalist Company, Phone around to get a few quotes
- Clear away the clutter
- Collect everything not to be moved for a Garage Sale or Charity Donation (keep receipts for tax records)
- Make an inventory of items to be moved
- Discuss with your Removalist Company, insurance coverage during shipment, packing and unpacking services, shipment of plants, flammables and spray cans, computer equipment, etc.
Address Change/Phone Number
- Give forwarding address to the Post Office
- Notify Employer and/or former Employer(s) to ensure any documents are forwarded to new City address
- Notify Banks, Retail Credit Cards, Insurance Companies and Magazine Subscriptions
- Notify Friends and Family
- Set up checking and savings account in new City
- Arrange credit references if necessary
- Arrange to remove contents of Safe Deposit Box and cancel box rental
Automobile & Home Insurance
- Contact Insurance Company for Home and Automobile insurance in new location
- Notify your present insurance company of last day of coverage on your present home and make sure you receive credit for pre-paid homeowner insurance coverage
- Contact new school to determine what information the school requires to enroll your child, ie, transcripts, immunization records, etc.
- Notify children's school of pending move
- Request transcripts and all school records be sent to new school
- Obtain letters from teachers outlining strengths and areas of improvement for your children.
- Ensure you have all family members birth certificates, baptism records, passports, etc.
- STOP service in old Location... START service in new Location
- Obtain refunds on any deposits
- Return Foxtel / Austar boxes, if necessary
Medical, Dental, Eye Doctor, Prescriptions
- Ask your Doctor and Dentist for referral in the new Location
- Obtain copies of all medical, immunization records and dental records
- Transfer needed prescriptions, eyeglasses, x-rays, etc.
- Make sure you have the maximum supply of necessary prescriptions prior to your move to allow for timing on prescription transfer and initial meeting with new Doctor
- Ask about registrations and licenses in new City
- Obtain your pets medical records and ask for referral to Vet in new City
- If you are transporting the pet(s) via air, train or bus, make sure license and vaccinations are current
- Ask about kennel facilities in the new City or make sure temporary housing allows for pets
Church, Clubs & Organizations
- Get letters of introduction from current contacts
- Transfer memberships if applicable
I am very happy to assist you and provide you with the latest up -to -date Information.
Call me anytime
Real Estate Real Easy
Office: 5522 5829
Mobile 0403 048 089